Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What do you make?


Need a feel good pick-me-up? The documentary, Makers, has a website that includes tons of videos of contemporary women who "make" America (including the documentary in its entirety). You can stop in and watch a three-minute clip or snuggle in for a few hours for the full documentary. Either way, you'll see and hear powerful, interesting women talking about their experiences. 

My only gripe about this site/project is that it's sponsored, in part, by skin care products, so prior to watching the video of a rockin' woman talking about power, you'll told your skin is not good enough (but, hey, here's a product to buy that will make you perfect and more attractive). I try to ignore the ads...but the uber-feminist inside my head rolls my eyes every. single. time.

So, while you're watching these, think about your contribution to our society: what do you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment